Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How a regular trip to the Swap Meet on 127th in Alsip, IL. turned into a competition to change my life


For years, I've suffered from extreme bloating and weight gain. On any given day my stomach can swell to the point that I look 5 to 6 months pregnant. My clothes don't fit right. I feel heavy and so uncomfortable. Not to mention that having a big swollen belly when you're not pregnant is so very unattractive. Being at my wits end, I turned to my sister for help.

My sister is currently in her first year of school to become a Naturopathic Doctor at National Health Science University in Lombard, IL. For the past few years, she has had some major problems with her digestive system and knew that she needed to make some major changes. The real decision to change her eating habits and her life came when our mother, Alicia Marie Wilson, died last March of colon cancer which had metatasised to her liver. Our mother also had extreme digestive problems that went untreated. We believe that if she would've changed her diet and gotten some help then maybe she would still be here.

After searching the net for home remedies and natural cures for bloating, swelling, and gas, I decided to try a product called GAT TEA. I first learned of the tea while shopping at the Swap-o-Rama in Alsip,IL. The guy who sells the product is very flamboyant to say the least but he is a great salesman. If you ever visit the Swap-o-Rama you should visit his booth. You'll know which one is his because there's normally a huge crowd of people desperate for a cure gathered around him. His sales pitch consist of a high energy fact presentation, before and after pictures, a video, and a whole lot of belching and laughing. He promises that his all natural tea will, among other things, reduce bloat and puffiness. Being desperate for results, I bought 1 package of tea for $10 (I must be desperate to have spent $10 on tea). One pack makes one gallon of tea which lasts a week. He tried to influence me to buy more than 1 pack but I declined. Before I invest more money in his product or endorse it, I need to see if I get the results promised. I told him that if the tea worked I'll be back.

When my sister and I got home my sister realized that the tea was nothing more than a few herbs put together in a nice package. As she read up on it, she found that there are many combinations of herbs that could produce the same, if not better, results. She vowed that she would create a concoction that is cheaper and works better than GAT TEA. So the challenge was born. My sis vs. GAT TEA!!! I promised that I would try both produces. I will follow the directions and allot the same amount of time to each one. I'll take before and after pics and journal about my experience here on my blog. Which ever product wins will receive a full write up and endorsement from Toya K Today.

May the best tea win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment